You have questions, we have answers!
Like most wildlife tours, getting out early is generally the best option, and swimming with the manatees is no exception. We always recommend our early morning tour for those who would like to get out early and beat the crowds.
We allow children from 3 years old and up on our tours as long as they are comfortable in the water, are well behaved, and can follow basic instructions given by the guide.
Of course, we are swimming with the manatees. Actually, we are doing more floating with them than swimming. The wetsuits that you wear will provide bouyancy and we also provide foam swim noodles to those who wish to have additional floatation. We do require that participants are comfortable in the water.
Yes, all of the equipment that you will need for the tour is provided at no additional cost. Mask, snorkel, and wetsuit.
We stock our wetsuits in sizes up to adult 4x.
Our wetsuits start at 3 year old toddler and go up from there.
We do not allow furry friends onto our group tours. Service dogs only, with documentation, are welcome on private tours with advanced notice. If you have a service dog please contact us at 352-228-2279 to discuss your options.
We are not able to take children under the age of 3 on our small group tours. Children under the age of 3 are welcome on private trips where it is just your family onboard the boat. Please call to arrange private trips at 352-228-2279.
We are located 1.5 hours NW of the Orlando attractions area. The drive is easy and on improved highway all the way into Crystal River.
We are not able to offer a shuttle service to Crystal River. The most economical way is to rent a car for the day and make the easy drive. You also have the option of hiring Uber or Lift but the cost will be much greater than just renting a car.
1) We are the Number 1 rated Manatee Tour Company in Crystal River.
2) We have been conducting tours in Crystal River since 1995.
3) We price our small group tours to be competitive with companies running cattle boat tours with twice as many or more people on a boat. No need to pay a premium for a small group trip.
4) We offer early morning tours to beat the crowds.
5) Our swim with manatees tours are legally conducted under permit of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS).
6) All of our tours to swim with manatees are semi-private small groups with no more than 6-12 participants per boat.
7) Our manatee swim tour boats are enclosed in the winter months to keep you comfortable and warm.
8) Our advertised pricing includes everything that you will need for your tour, no hidden fees or upcharges for gear, parking, fuel, etc!
9) Quality snorkel gear and wetsuits, cleaned, sanitized, and dried after each use and included in advertised manatee tour pricing.
10) Our captains are licensed by the United States Coast Guard.
11) All staff randomly drug tested and enrolled in national drug testing programs.
12) Our manatee tour guides are in the water with you to assist and to take photographs of you throughout the duration of your manatee tour.
Photographs from your trip are available immediately upon conclusion of your manatee tour, no need to wait.
13) Our manatee swim tours are prioritized for quality and quantity. We are a 5-star rated tour facility dedicated to providing our guests experiences of a lifetime.
14) Indoor climate controlled changing rooms, full gift shop, free parking, free hot chocolate, coffee, and tea upon arrival.
and… We LOVE manatees and we love sharing this amazing privilege with you!!
Fun 2 Dive manatee tour center and gift shop is located in the heart of downtown Crystal River, Florida along the shores of the beautiful spring fed Kings Bay Manatee Refuge. You will find us at 135 NE 3rd St in the historic Bay-Side district. You can easily and securely reserve your swim with the manatees tour from our website using our secure and encrypted reservation system. You can view availability, consider the different manatee tour options available, and book your trip quickly and easily just by clicking the Book your Adventure button found directly below. The staff at Fun 2 Dive Manatee Tours would like to Thank You! for considering us as your guide on this most amazing manatee adventure. If you have any unanswered questions, feel free to contact us by email, by using the contact form at the bottom of the page or during business hours at 866-922-DIVE (3483).